Changing Families is a school-based children's group program for students who have experienced parental divorce or separation.
The purposes are:
* to provide a safe place to express feelings
* to normalize feelings through sharing
* to train children in problem solving and coping skills
* to increase self esteem through mutual help
* to support parents and school staff in working with Changing Families kids
* to increase communication among children, parents, and school
Activities teach children of divorced parents how to help themselves and each other. By creating a supportive community, Changing Families aims to counteract the day to day impact of divorce on young children.
The following website contains resources and information for helping your child understand divorce.